Monday 10 November 2014

Mashed Potatoes - A Melt-In-Your-Mouth Snack for a Lazy Afternoon

                                                                                                                                10th November 2014

It was 2:00 in the afternoon and I didn't want to budge. I'd just finished my biology syllabus the other day and I think I deserved a break. The first thing my mind wanders to, if left to itself, is food. Always food. And not just eating yummy but, but making yummy stuff. So I set to work.

We had potatoes at home, at it had been a long long time since I'd eaten mashed potatoes.

Well, first things first. Look for a recipe. The internet is FILLED with recipes of mashed potatoes but none of them are good ones. They either require too many exotic ingredients or just 2 or 3 ingredients. Anyways, I thought I'd improvise!!

I would love to have posted a picture, but the mashed potato was so inviting that we forgot about the camera! I'll upload one the next time we make it (can't be too long!).

Creamy Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:

4 medium-small sized potatoes
1/6 cup fresh cream
 6 garlic pods, mashed
1/8 cup salted butter

Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

   Preheat oven on grill.
   Wash the potatoes.
   Pressure cook them until soft (approx. 20 mins).
   After cooked, let potatoes cool for 15 mins.
   Mix fresh cream and crushed garlic in a pan. Heat for 1 min. Set aside.
   Peel the cooked potatoes and put them in a food processor. Blend them till almost smooth (10 secs). 
   Put the blended potato into a heated non-stick pan. Put in the cream and garlic mixture, the butter  and the seasoning.
   Mix well in the pan and cook over high heat for 2 mins. (If extra creaminess is desired, you may want to add milk)
   Empty the potato mix into a glass baking dish. Bake in “grill” for 10 mins.
   Serve hot with toast or use as side dish with meat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment